Investment Associate Role Description
SineWave Ventures is looking for a self-directed individual who is eager to learn and grow with the company to join our investment team.
About SineWave Ventures
SineWave Ventures is a thesis-driven venture capital firm investing in early-stage enterprise technology companies that enable digital transformation across the Fortune 500 and public sector ecosystems. Our investment thesis is founded on the notion that data-driven decision-making will define the future of both commercial enterprises and public sector organizations. The key focus areas driving our investments are computing, analytics, networks, and cybersecurity. SineWave has a strong track record of investing in top startups across a variety of sectors. Our team of experienced investors and operators leverage their knowledge and expertise to source and diligence deals and help our portfolio companies succeed.
The job includes a wide variety of responsibilities and tasks which will expand over time based on the individual’s interests and ability.
Initial tasks include:
- Screen companies from curated lists to find those that might be suitable for SineWave investment
- Do competitive analysis centered on a company of interest
- Perform due diligence on companies of interest
- Map out target verticals or technologies of interest to understand the landscape of who is doing what and to identify opportunities for investment
- Document investment decisions and diligence process
- Help portfolio companies with development of financial models, pitch decks, etc.
Based on the Associate’s interest and ability, tasks could expand to include:
- Build relationships to facilitate direct outreach to potential portfolio companies and perform outreach
- Conduct initial screening call with company to see if it is worth considering as a possible investment
- Attend demo days and other events to scout for companies of interest
The ideal candidate will bring a number of important characteristics to the role including:
- High level understanding of computing, analytics, AI, and cybersecurity technology to be able to identify trends and issues
- Understanding of company financial statements and ability to build financial models
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree
To apply for this position, please send a resume and a brief description of your background and interest in the role to email@example.com with a subject line “[FIRST NAME LAST NAME] Investment Associate Role”.